La Salle Parent Association
The planning and organization of volunteer opportunities is ongoing and best communicated by directly contacting the Chairs of each association.
Ryan Enright at firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Maki at email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunity Coordinator:
Debbie Moorer at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE (YOU) ARE & WHAT WE (YOU) DO
1. PURPOSE: We support and promote the Mission and Core Values of the La Salle community through the organization and execution, where appropriate, of parent social, learning, and fund-raising activities in collaboration with the Administration and Faculty.
2. MEMBERSHIP: Every parent and guardian of a La Salle student is a member of the LSPA.
3. MEETINGS: The LSPA meets on the first Monday of every month during the school year except when there is a conflict with holidays or special events.
4. BOARD: The LSPA Board is made up of eight parents elected by the Association. Elections are held each May for a two year term. The Board selects its officers following the election. Additional members are the LHS President, LHS Principal, Past LSPA Board Chair, Arts Booster Chair, Academic Booster Chair, Athletic Booster Chair and St. Patrick’s Gala Chair.
5. Officers & duties:
Chair: Presides at meetings and serves as the primary communication link between the LSPA and the school leadership team.
Vice-Chair: Pinch hits when the Chair is unavailable and maintains the parent volunteer data base.
Secretary: Keeps all LSPA records & minutes of meetings and handles all formal communications.
Treasurer: There is neither a treasurer nor dues. The LSPA conducts the annual wreath sale fundraiser for LHS and assists the Development office with the St. Patrick’s Gala. The funds are processed through the LHS financial office.
A) Booster organizations:
· Promote community building through involvement in programs of the school;
· Provide volunteer opportunities for parent involvement; and
· Form fundraising events to support annual projects as determined by the school administration.
Three opportunities for Booster involvement are available:
· Academic Boosters promote and support the academic activities and projects of the school (e.g. parent assemblies, student awards, college preparation).
· Arts Boosters promote and support the art events and projects of the school (e.g. concerts, band support).
· Athletics Boosters promotes and support the athletic events and programs of the school (e.g. concessions and ticket sales at games, sports uniform and equipment needs annually).
B) Social: Promotes and helps fund social, hospitality and special events in collaboration with the Administration and Faculty.