La Salle High School, established in 1998 and sponsored by the Brothers of the Christian Schools (De La Salle Christian Brothers), is a Lasallian Catholic college preparatory school providing a rich environment for spiritual, academic, and social growth. Its rigorous program of studies is complemented by an extensive array of co-curricular programs. The school welcomes young people from across the Yakima Valley and embraces student diversity. The school is located in Union Gap, adjacent to the Yakama Indian Reservation on a 40 acre campus of remarkable beauty.
The school seeks candidates who can promote the school’s Lasallian Catholic mission of serving students and can promote the school’s core values of faith, integrity, scholarship and service.
We are seeking a dynamic Spanish teacher with a strong background in Spanish instruction to teach in a variety of Spanish courses. Our Spanish faculty engage our diverse student body through active learning, critical thinking, and language immersion opportunities. Course offerings include Spanish 1, 2, 3 and AP Spanish and Spanish for Native Speakers 1 and 2.
KEY CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS
· Maintains open, helping relationships with students.
· Utilizes a wide range of resources and techniques appropriate for use with students as they are educated within the Roman Catholic tradition and the Lasallian heritage.
· Works with and teaches the established and approved curriculum in Spanish and contributes to its development.
· Attends and participates in department meetings, professional development programs, as well as actively and continually participates in the co-curricular life of the school.
· Demonstrates evidence of commitment to a vision for 21st century teaching and learning and the ability to bring such a commitment to service on a daily basis.
· Participates regularly in programs of professional growth.
· Minimally holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish. Graduate degree preferred.
· Believes in the work of Lasallian Catholic education and shows evidence of developing the whole person through activities that help students grow in mind, body, soul, and spirit.
· Has the skills to work with a variety of student needs and to serve multiple learning styles.
· Uses school-based technology well, embraces effective practices in the chosen field of teaching/service, demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and spoken, and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
Please email, mail or drop off your resume and application. Resumes will be reviewed, and some candidates will be called back for an interview. All applicants must complete a thorough background check.
Mr. Ted Kanelopoulos
La Salle High School
3000 Lightning Way
Union Gap, WA 98903
Application Deadline: Until position is filled.
La Salle High School assures equal employment opportunity in all its employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, political affiliation, veteran status, service membership, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disabilities not affecting one’s ability to perform the essential functions of one’s job or any other category protected by law.